Location : Drew Fuel Services, Inc. – Knoxville, TN
Drew Fuel Services is a company with a reputation of being the most trusted name in its space by providing Petroleum Fuel Testing, Liquid Waste Removal, Recycling and Remediation services throughout the eastern U.S. utilizing proprietary equipment, specialized skills and years of knowledge.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
The Environmental Field Technician is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with non-hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of liquid waste . At times, must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pulling heavy objects.
- Operates light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc.
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your replacement’s name to the coordinator.
- Handles various hand tools and powered (pneumatic and electrical, hydraulic) industrial tools, including pressure washers and saws.
- Ensures proper use of equipment and immediately notify supervisor of any mechanical failure or problem of equipment.
- Adheres to and ensures constant compliance with Health & Safety Compliance and regulations.
- Wear and properly use a variety of Levels A, B, C & D personal protective Equipment (PPE). This includes respirators, skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
- Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions: including extreme heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance. Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Assists in field sampling activities and collection of fuel samples
- Climbs ladders, scaffolding and into and out of trucks, tanks, and various other containers.
- Works extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods. Note that in emergency response situations these periods can extend beyond 8 hours, up to 12-24 hrs.; Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during week-ends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. 2 or 4 year degree in Environmental Studies preferred.
- Complete confined space entry (CSE) and 40 Hour OSHA Training.
- No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
- Clean driving record, includes: No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years; No DUI/DWI in past 3 years; No preventable accidents in the past year; No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years.
- (CDL Driver preferred) Valid drivers license required as a continuing condition of employment
- Knowledge of state requirements/regulations.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) preferred.
- Knowledge of chemicals and terminology.
- Able to travel, work weekends, and carry phone at all times.
- Able to take and comply with directions and perform multiple tasks.
- Position involves strenuous physical exertion.
- Available for 24/day on-call basis.
- Requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Requires pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching in confined spaces; Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses); Requires sitting.
- Requires the ability to properly wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) including levels A,B,C,D & E, including full encapsulation PPE suits which can elevate body temperature substantially during strenuous exertion.
Please email resume in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 954.337.0426