Drew Fuel Services provides Diesel Cleaning services throughout the eastern seaboard. With locations in Knoxville, TN., Pompano Beach, FL and Biddeford, ME we have the unique ability servicing the eastern United States through our multiple offices and our fleet of vacuum trucks, fuel trucks, tankers, and service trucks.
We self-perform all aspects of the work and follow the safest guidelines and protocols.
Our typical process is as follows:
1. DETERMINE FUEL CONDITION. Diesel fuel is tested to ASTM testing methods with our mobile laboratory or portable testing equipment to determine contamination levels, water content, free water and usability.
2. REMOVE CONTAMINANTS. A Drew Fuel Services Vacuum Truck is deployed and specialized vacuum heads are utilized to remove water bottoms and sludge.
3. HIGH SPEED FILTRATION. Depending on tank size we will utilize one of our eight filtration units. Diesel Cleaning is conducted at a speed that correlates to the tank size.
4. POLISHING. Fuel is removed from the lowest part of the tank, put through a series of filters, coalesces, centrifuges and clean fuel is returned to the tank.
5. RETESTING. After a Fuel Technician has approached a process rate relevant to the volume of the tank, fuel is retested to ASTM standards to determine its effectiveness. Click Here for More Information
6. USABILITY INDEX. Diesel is cleaned to levels of scrutiny above ASTM standards and a Usability Index is determined to gauge fuel conditions.
7. CHEMICAL CORRECTIONS. Additives are added if necessary to cure deficiencies that are found. Most common chemicals used are to treat bacteria.
8. FINAL TESTING. Is conducted to ASTM standards that all fuel is intended for its purpose. Certificate-of-Analysis-Sample-2021
9. INSPECTION. A basic inspection is conducted to insure that all lids, manholes, vents, and other critical components are tight and free from leaks.
10. REPORTS. Waste disposal manifests are filled out along with field reports for future referencing.
11. WASTE. Waste generated from diesel cleaning is transported to an EPA facility for disposal.
12. COMPLIANCE. All original waste manifests are mailed to the client illustrating proper disposal methods.
13. FOLLOW-UP. Depending on the facility, a future appointment is scheduled for routine fuel maintenance. Usually in intervals of 6 months, 1 or 2 years.