Drew Fuel Services is one of the largest fuel polishing companies in the East. With crews servicing major companies throughout the eastern seaboard everyday, we have the ability to service most major companies.
More importantly, we are currently the only Fuel Polishing company that owns and operates a Full Petroleum Testing Laboratory.
To learn more about or fuel testing capabilities: click here
Our approach to Fuel Polishing is the most trusted in the industry and is recognized as the best approach by numerous industry experts and organizations.
Our standard fuel polishing approach is as follows:
1. DETERMINE FUEL CONDITION. Diesel fuel is tested to ASTM testing methods with our mobile laboratory or portable testing equipment to determine contamination levels, water content, free water and usability.
2. REMOVE CONTAMINANTS. A Drew Fuel Services Vacuum Truck is deployed and specialized vacuum heads are utilized to remove water bottoms and sludge.
3. HIGH SPEED FILTRATION. Depending on tank size we will utilize one of our six filtration units. All filtration or “Fuel Polishing” is conducted at a speed that correlates to the tank size.
4. POLISHING. Fuel is removed from the lowest part of the tank, put through a series of filters, coelscers, centrifuges and clean fuel is returned to the tank.
5. RETESTING. After a Fuel Technician has approached a process rate 2 times the volume of the tank, fuel is retested to ASTM standards to determine effectiveness. Click Here for More Information
6. USABILITY INDEX. Fuel is polished to levels of scrutiny above ASTM standards and a Usability Index is determined to gauge fuel conditions.
7. CHEMICAL CORRECTIONS. Additives are added if necessary to cure deficiencies that are found.
8. FINAL TESTING. Is conducted to ASTM standards that all fuel is intended for its purpose.
9. INSPECTION. A basic inspection is conducted to insure that all lids, manholes, vents, and other critical components are tight and free from leaks.
10. REPORTS. Waste disposal manifests are filled out along with field reports for future referencing.
11. WASTE. Waste generated by the vacuum truck and fuel polishing is transported to an EPA facility for disposal.
12. COMPLIANCE. All original waste manifests are mailed to the client illustrating proper disposal methods.
13. FOLLOW-UP. Depending on the facility, a future appointment is scheduled for routine fuel maintenance. Usually in intervals of 6 months, 1 or 2 years