Our approach to tank cleaning and fuel polishing is the most trusted in the industry and is recognized as the best approach by numerous industry experts and organizations.
Our standard Fuel tank cleaning approach is as follows:
1. DETERMINE FUEL CONDITION. Fuel is tested to ASTM testing methods with our mobile laboratory or portable testing equipment to determine contamination levels, water content, free water and usability.
2. REMOVE TANK CONTENTS. A INSPECTED AND CLEANED Drew Fuel Services Vacuum Truck is deployed and all fuel is removed and placed in our vacuum truck.
3. DEGREASING. An approved degreaser is inserted into the entire tank and allowed to penetrate for a period of time loosening sludge and contaminants.
4. POLISHING. Fuel is removed from the lowest part of the tank, put through a series of filters, coelscers, centrifuges and clean fuel is returned to the tank.
5. CLEANING. Tank is power washed and cleaned eliminating all tank contaminants leaving tank spotless.
6. RINSE WATERS. Rinse Waters are removed, waste manifests are filled out and waste is sent to an EPA approved facility for disposal.
7. DRYING. Tank dryers are inserted into the tank to eliminate the remaining water droplets.
8. POLISHING. Fuel is filtered out of the Vacuum Truck back into the tank and remaining particles are removed through coelescers, centrifuges, 8 filter medias.
9. RETESTING Fuel is tested to levels of scrutiny above ASTM standards and a Usability Index is determined to gauge fuel conditions.
10. CHEMICAL CORRECTIONS. Additives are added is necessary to cure deficiencies that are found and enhance shelf life if necassary.
11. FINAL TESTING. Is conducted to ASTM standards that all fuel is intended for its purpose.
12. INSPECTION. A basic inspection is conducted to insure that all lids, manholes, vents, and other critical components are tight.
13. REPORTS. Waste disposal manifests are filled out along with field reports for future referencing.
14. WASTE. Waste generated is transported to an EPA facility for disposal.
15. COMPLIANCE. All waste manifests are mailed to the client illustrating proper disposal methods.
16. FOLLOW-UP. Depending on the facility, a future appointment is scheduled for routine fuel maintenance. Usually in intervals of 2, 3 or 5 years.